Welcome to SkrillexMothership
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Phuture Doom

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
926 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Urbernscreemz

Urbernscreemz

Loyal Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • 70 Likes

What, just looked at wikipedia for acid-house artists and found Phuture, they are composed of three artists

(just a thought)

Liked by 1 Member:
spencerthehuff  

OFFLINE   gameshark

gameshark

Unstoppable

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • 526 Likes
  • LocationHockey, Canada

Perfect video to fit the song. And the members of Phuture Doom are standing in the video at 2:23. CLOAKED OBVIOUSLY  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

tumblr_m6tl2i2Ab21rz1liao1_400.gif

OFFLINE   Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Elite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2654 posts
  • 1319 Likes

Sorry in advance for my word vomit, but today on Nest I was looking at the upcoming Phuture Doom release and noticed a 'M' made from the two "O"s in Doom on the artwork. I thought M Machine? Three guys.... very good production quality, but they're from San Francisco. 

This prompted me to search for Detroit- native DJs and could not find really any familiar names. The Phuture Doom 'Defiant Order' remix came out right after Skrillex's big NYE show The Bang (which was in Detroit). The original Nest description of the release mentioned that the envelope containing the song was mailed from Detroit. I'm thinking  Phuture Doom is comprised of  3 DJs that performed at The Bang (Skrillex, Boys Noize, Flosstradmus, Alvin Risk, D.I.M., and Destructo).

I'm starting to think it's Skrillex, Boys Noize, and Alvin Risk. We already get that similar dark and ominous sound from Dog Blood...

ONLINE   Barry

Barry

Elite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts
  • 1805 Likes
  • LocationWaterford

Sorry in advance for my word vomit, but today on Nest I was looking at the upcoming Phuture Doom release and noticed a 'M' made from the two "O"s in Doom on the artwork. I thought M Machine? Three guys.... very good production quality, but they're from San Francisco. 

This prompted me to search for Detroit- native DJs and could not find really any familiar names. The Phuture Doom 'Defiant Order' remix came out right after Skrillex's big NYE show The Bang (which was in Detroit). The original Nest description of the release mentioned that the envelope containing the song was mailed from Detroit. I'm thinking  Phuture Doom is comprised of  3 DJs that performed at The Bang (Skrillex, Boys Noize, Flosstradmus, Alvin Risk, D.I.M., and Destructo).

I'm starting to think it's Skrillex, Boys Noize, and Alvin Risk. We already get that similar dark and ominous sound from Dog Blood...

woah, I don't think alvin is talented enough though.

OFFLINE   #lurklife

#lurklife

Dirty Vibe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2371 posts
  • 1631 Likes
  • LocationSocal

We've actually been talking about this for the past few hours in Tinychat. We've thrown in names like DJ Pone and DJ Need from Birdy Nam Nam, Skrillex, Kill The Noise, 12th Planet, Boys Noize, and possibly 1 or 2 female producers because we found some pics that show Skrillex and at least 1 female wearing masks next to a person in a black robe as seen in the Burn The Knowledge video.

Also, one of the main figures in the black robes from the music video has boobs and one of the promotional pics of Phuture Doom looks like one member could be female.

Maybe we could get that ass

ONLINE   Barry

Barry

Elite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts
  • 1805 Likes
  • LocationWaterford

We've actually been talking about this for the past few hours in Tinychat. We've thrown in names like DJ Pone and DJ Need from Birdy Nam Nam, Skrillex, Kill The Noise, 12th Planet, Boys Noize, and possibly 1 or 2 female producers because we found some pics that show Skrillex and at least 1 female wearing masks next to a person in a black robe as seen in the Burn The Knowledge video.

Also, one of the main figures in the black robes from the music video has boobs and one of the promotional pics of Phuture Doom looks like one member could be female.

im pretty sure the video has people in robes from processions like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote

OFFLINE   #lurklife

#lurklife

Dirty Vibe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2371 posts
  • 1631 Likes
  • LocationSocal

im pretty sure the video has people in robes from processions like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote

Sort of, but they don't have the same hood. The hoods in the video are more like ringwraith hoods from Lord of the Rings. There are also some weird transparent images in the Burn The Knowledge video that look somewhat like Sonny's face and there's one image of someone in all black with long black hair sitting around a campfire all alone.

By the way, here's Phuture Doom - Han Breaks:

Maybe we could get that ass

ONLINE   plasmaticriver

plasmaticriver

Proud Moorewhore

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4230 posts
  • 980 Likes
  • LocationRichmond, VA

From the picture, my best guess is Skrillex, 12th Planet and KTN. Other than that, there are a millon artists it could be. Possibly newcomers, but obviously people with experience. You don't gain this level of production overnight.

mTSJMex.jpg

Liked by 3 Members:
Barryq25  , gazhere  , Gustavo  

ONLINE   Barry

Barry

Elite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts
  • 1805 Likes
  • LocationWaterford

From the picture, my best guess is Skrillex, 12th Planet and KTN. Other than that, there are a millon artists it could be. Possibly newcomers, but obviously people with experience. You don't gain this level of production overnight.

i agree with Skrill and KTN but none of them look black.

Maybe feed me? He has like 4 projects with releases this year, this could be one of them and he used to produce DnB.

OFFLINE   Budderball

Budderball

Casual Member

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 98 Likes
  • LocationB.C, Canada

I really don't think Skril would be doing ANOTHER side project, especially not with Boys Noize again. I mean, he already has Dog Blood, which he's focused on quite a bit lately, and he's playing some shows as Jack U as well, PLUS he has a whole LP to be working on right now. 

So yea, imo Skril is definitely not a possibility.

bears-polar01.gifruff

Liked by 1 Member:
Zero  

ONLINE   Barry

Barry

Elite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts
  • 1805 Likes
  • LocationWaterford

I really don't think Skril would be doing ANOTHER side project, especially not with Boys Noize again. I mean, he already has Dog Blood, which he's focused on quite a bit lately, and he's playing some shows as Jack U as well, PLUS he has a whole LP to be working on right now. 

he could be doing just a production only side project, Jack U won't last long cause to just promo for mad decent. Sure he would have been doing 3 projects anyway if the Ellie side project happened.

He probably has tons of tunes made, Steve duda said skrillex can make a good song in 45 minutes, he made doomypoomp in an hour and First for the year in 4 days.

OFFLINE   Budderball

Budderball

Casual Member

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 98 Likes
  • LocationB.C, Canada

he could be doing just a production only side project, Jack U won't last long cause to just promo for mad decent. Sure he would have been doing 3 projects anyway if the Ellie side project happened.

He probably has tons of tunes made, Steve duda said skrillex can make a good song in 45 minutes, he made doomypoomp in an hour and First for the year in 4 days.

Yea, but he only releases stuff that he really loves, and i think he spends a lot more time on the stuff he actually plans on releasing.

then again, i suppose leaving and the reason were all made pretty quickly, but idk. 

bears-polar01.gifruff

ONLINE   Cogoi?

Cogoi?

Are we all just satellites?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • 291 Likes

In a way, i think it'd be cool if they stayed unknown for a while. It will add to the hype if they play live etc.

nigel-thornberry-beauty-beast-1.gif

Liked by 1 Member:
Barryq25  

ONLINE   Barry

Barry

Elite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts
  • 1805 Likes
  • LocationWaterford

Yea, but he only releases stuff that he really loves, and i think he spends a lot more time on the stuff he actually plans on releasing.

then again, i suppose leaving and the reason were all made pretty quickly, but idk.

you think 4 days is a long time?

No one knows who they are, and that's good.

OFFLINE   Adonai

Adonai

Clown

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • 109 Likes
  • LocationSlovakia

I can imagine Bassnectar in it, I can hear his sound in Burn The Knowledge. And he loves metal (this project is probably closest to metal we will ever get).

Also, when you where talking about a girl, the only girl I know, that is making a little bit harder dubstep is in Cenob1te, so maybe her? Probably not :D

Kill The Noise might be in it, also Skrill... Time will tell. It is really good project though.

OFFLINE   gosix

gosix

Forum Abuser

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts
  • 777 Likes

My first bet was Noisia and KTN. But with the Legion thing with Foreign Beggars, I dunno.

Seriously, compare Defiant Order remix with some of Noisia's songs.

OFFLINE   Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Elite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2654 posts
  • 1319 Likes

This is a weird observation, but if you look at the pic of all 3 hooded members, they all appear to be pretty thin/skinny.

ONLINE   Zero

Zero

Drunk bear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • 469 Likes
  • LocationSiberia

Why you think they must be already known producers? I'm pretty sure it's just a three guys from Detroit, they would have be already been mentioned somewhere if they were known producers.

It's obvious, how people still didn't get it. 

ONLINE   Barry

Barry

Elite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4340 posts
  • 1805 Likes
  • LocationWaterford

Why you think they must be already known producers? I'm pretty sure it's just a three guys from Detroit, they would have be already been mentioned somewhere if they were known producers.

It's obvious, how people still didn't get it.

So OWSLA would just sign a random group who happened to send a USB or whatever to them.

Also people think they are known due to the sound, it's wayyyy to professional.

ONLINE   Zero

Zero

Drunk bear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • 469 Likes
  • LocationSiberia

So OWSLA would just sign a random group who happened to send a USB or whatever to them. Also people think they are known due to the sound, it's wayyyy to professional.

For the same reason that they have signed KOAN Sound, The M Machine, Kill The Noise, MONSTA, Hundred Waters, Nick Thayer, Phonat, etc.

Anyway, we will find out from iTunes composers tags when it's released.

oh w8 mby it's Avicii x Tiesto x Dillon Francis

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users